Sunday, June 05, 2005

Gardening and scrapping

All weekend! Yesterday I gardened for about 3 hours. We have a very large back yard and it is all planted, very little cement. So it takes a lot of upkeep during the spring and summer. Then I took ds and his gf to the mall 30 miles away so he could buy...a shirt. One shirt. Oh, well, they got to be together and I got to get some much needed glue dots for scrapping. Then we came home and I started putting together a 6x6 album for my dh called 10 Reasons Why I Love You.

Sunday again I gardened, but this time dh helped. We gardened for about 3 hours again and the yard looks wonderful. All weeded and trimmed and the soil turned and new plants put in. So next weekend, we will continue putting in the brick pathway around the yard and hopefully start on the last lap. I know it has taken me a long time, but I did most of it myself here and there, and this is the first year my dh has helped me. It is in a pattern and it is around the perimeter of 1.4 acre, so it is a loooong pathway! Then when the pathway is done, I hope to have a slab poured along the side of the house and put in a green house. Hope. I would love to have a greenhouse, since I love my plants.

Then, after gardening I came in the house to a big mess. That is what happens when you leave 2 kids 11 and 12 alone in the house for 2 days. So I straightened up a little and then I finished my dh album. It turned out great. And I think he liked it! He said I should sell my scrapping stuff for money, not just make it for us. I am not too sure about that. I put a lot of personal stuff in ours, do not think I could do that for others.

So now it is 11:55pm and I need to hit the hay. Work tomorrow and hopefully I can work on my afghan that I am knitting. It has been awhile and I really want to finish it for my dn. He needs another blanket and I want to be the one to give him a handmade one.

Happy Trails!

2 comments:

Dudleyspinner said...

I put some photos up of the hats. I wish I had motavation to garden, but 16 of the last 20 days have been rain, tornados, and thunderstorms. I would rather stay in and knit than fight the skeeters.

Dudleyspinner said...

I love making hats, they are so quick compared to a sweater!
How is the earthquake stuff affecting you? No problems I hope. Thanks for reading and leaving comments.
Deb