Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fall favorites

It is now fall. Fall in california is a subtle thing; but i always notice the little things. i like to tell my family the earth has turned. the air is suddenly a touch cooler. the air is slightly more moist. the light is just a little different. you can smell the difference in the air, just a very small difference. but it gives me such a boost of energy! i love fall because it brings my favorite holidays. i just love halloween. it is fun to dress up, to give out my favorite candy and to decorate with all the spooky things. i love to watch all the halloween shows and actually torture myself with the scary ones! and then comes my birthday. i actually get to eat cake and have a good reason! and my most favorite holiday... thanksgiving. i love the food, the family time, the reason for the holiday. it is the best time of year! it is the most comfortable time of year. it is when people can dress up in warm snuggly clothes and wear big fluffy boots and visit snow! i love to go to the apple orchards and pick our own. then we make applesauce and apple pie and apple tarts. i love to go to the pumpkin patch and pick all the odd pumpkins. i love the fall crafts and fun games at the patch. we always go on a hay ride. it is my favorite time of year.

3 comments:

Noel said...

Yep...Fall is the best!! I live in CA too...in N. CA, and about now is when we start smelling the fields burning off and the nights get cool, so I'm with ya!

Leah's Crafty Life said...

Fall is my absolute fav time of the years as well, Radona! I can't wait to go to the Pumpkin Patch this year.. will be our first time going!!

Anonymous said...

Loving the turn in weather but dreading the santa anna's .

Hope you are doing well and looking forward to scrapping with you again one day!!