Thursday, June 14, 2007

life goes on

February 2007 changed our lives. My dad had a stroke and it was bad. He is debilitated to the point that we must do almost everything for him. Our family got together and decided that the best thing right now is for him to live in his own home and our youngest sibling will care for him. i go over twice a day when ever i can to check on him, visit, talk about old times and sometimes just to watch him sleep. Everyone is subject to this at some point in their life when an adult you look to for direction is not able to help you anymore and then you become the care giver. i just did not know it would happen so soon. it has been a very hard, emotional 4 months. Today my dad turned 78. i cried because i was so happy he has made it 4 more months, but on the other hand, i am so sad that he is in the condition he is in. he sometimes just is not all there. it is a life changing event and our family has adjusted as well as possible. i have the most wonderful husband in the world. he has stepped up and now cooks most of our meals, has been the mom and dad at the house, since i am often gone, and he still loves me unconditionally.

As many obstacles as life sends my way, I continue to pray and live my life day to day.

Blessed be.

1 comment:

Dudleyspinner said...

Radonna, I haven't heard from Kate in a long time, so I really don't know. She was into biking trips big time last summer and stopped blogging.
I am just plugging along with the dyeing of wool, spinning and other fibery pursuits!
Deb